An important part of fostering and strengthening a growing industry, like pole dance fitness, is publically acknowledging the organisations and individuals who encourage and inspire global best practices and ever-increasing diversity.
This was exactly why the IPDFA Awards were developed in 2009. The IPDFA firmly believes that, as this fitness form continues to progress, it is also important that studios and practitioners continue to stay updated in terms of new skills, safety standards and training techniques.
Each year, IPDFA has been awarding international studios, instructors, performers, choreographers and industry professionals who have done an exceptional job of promoting pole dance fitness within their region, and/or whose work in the industry has helped advance the standards of pole dancing as an art and sport locally.
Nominations for each category are received via the IPDFA website, and then, after a designated time frame, the public have the opportunity to vote for the winner of the Choreographer and Performer Award Winner, whilst finalists in the other categories complete a detailed questionaire. The IPDFA Awards Judging Board will then make the final decision on all five categories.
The categories, with a brief description, are as below:
- The IPDFA Instructor of the Year is a qualified pole instructor who offers excellent instruction in a range of pole styles/genres across all levels, from beginners to elite. Their teaching will be of the highest standard in terms of safety, technique and keeping up to date with teaching methods and various developments within the industry.
- The IPDFA Studio of the Year will be an established pole dance/fitness studio that provides services of the highest standard in terms of safety, instructor qualifications, studio facilities/conditions and class content.
- The Pole Industry Award is for a pole professional whose work has made a positive impact on the pole dance industry. We are looking for a pioneer who has paved the way and/or who has taken the initiative to make pole dance fitness a better sport for everyone.
- The IPDFA Performer of the Year will be a currently active pole performer, whose reach extends not only across the international pole industry but to a mainstream audience as well.
- The IPDFA Choreographer of the Year is for the creator of the most entertaining or captivating pole dance routine.
The nominations come from you: students, supporters, fans and instructors. IPDFA has been awarding these titles since 2009 based on public nominations received through the IPDFA website.
Head over to the Nomination Page to be part of the international pole community and recognise those who have made it what it is today by voting.
We hope the nominations list will grow every year, with your input, just like the pole dance fitness industry does.